Saturday, March 31, 2012

Nail Polish Review: Ulta 3 Blue Heaven

Hello :)

Today I'm going to be reviewing Ulta3 Blue Heaven. When I purchased this product I was super excited. But my excitement soon dulled slightly. Read below for more information :)

Positives; 
The thing that drew my to this nail polish color while vigorously searching through a bin of nail polish at the Chemist was the the color. For me this color really is like heaven. It's the love of my life right now (but I don't fully enjoy using it. See negatives). The color really POPS its like a sky blue, but a smidge darker, it's my dream color. I've been searching for this color for ever. The thing that I also LOVED about this polish was the price. At only $2.50 it was a bargain! I also bought 11 other colors in the brand so I had a little bit of a binge with it. But I was really happy with my purchase, the color is the most important positive for me. Check the negatives for what should be here.



Negatives;


These are the punches in the face I got when I used this color. First and foremost was the thickness of the color. When I tried to paint my nails with this color it was an absolute nightmare. For me, the stuff was thick and plainly disgusting. Unworthy to paint my nails with, I cleaned it off, repainted them another color and tried to find a way to fix my beautiful color (Pretty sure it's ok now, a bit of thinner and it was good). The brush wasn't the best for me either. I'm not sure what it was but I really despise it, so I'm going to wait for my replacement to come to try again. The sad thing about this color was that I was really in love with it and super excited but it let me down.

The score I'm going to give this color is a 3/5. My experience wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing. The formula could be improved but the color is amazing.

Did you guys have this problem with this color? Did my review put you off?



xoxo,
Shaina



Photo Source: http://www.prettypurplepolish.com

**DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS WERE PURCHASED BY MYSELF WITH MY OWN MONEY. I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY NAIL POLISH COMPANY IN ANY WAY. MY OPINION IS BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND MAY DIFFER FROM YOUR OWN**

2 comments:

  1. My main problem was the brush but Ulta3 sent me a replacement bottle. I love Blue Heaven. Thanks for linking back to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brush was a bit annoying, but for me the formula really sucked. I got a replacement too (: And no problem.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...